Alwyn: Odd Moments, April Morn & Hunter’s Moon9781854722980
The ABRSM 'Easier Piano Pieces' series features pieces chosen for their comparative lack of technical difficulty, therefore providing an excellent introduction to the music of great composers throughout history.
William Alwyn (1905-1985) was an English composer most noted for his five symphonies and over sixty film scores. The three piano collections in this album contain some delightful and colourful character pieces which are particularly well written for young players and useful for the development and extension of the pianist’s technique.
- All Forlorn: No. 1 from ‘Odd Moments’
- April Shower: No. 2 from ‘April Morn’
- Bluebells: No. 3 from ‘April Morn’
- Chattering: No. 2 from ‘Odd Moments’
- Light-Foot: No. 3 from ‘Odd Moments’
- Midsummer Magic: No. 1 from ‘Hunter’s Moon’
- On the Heath: No. 4 from ‘Odd Moments’
- Ride by Night: No. 3 from ‘Hunter’s Moon’
- The Darkening Wood: No. 2 from ‘Hunter’s Moon’
- The Lost Lamb: No. 1 from ‘April Morn’
- Violets: No. 4 from ‘April Morn’