Bach: Two Part Inventions BWV 772-786 Piano SoloHN591
🚚 Fast, free shipping on orders over $99*
↩️ 30-day easy returns.
👋 Play today! Call a local store to check stock.
All piano students are familiar with Bach’s two-part Inventions – but virtuosos of the keyboard also keep coming back to these timelessly beautiful but by no means easy works. It is hard to believe what Bach was able to express using only two parts! In his famous preface the composer himself calls the work an “Instruction” which teaches students and keyboard lovers to “treat correctly” several parts, to “achieve a singing style in playing” and to “acquire a strong foretaste of composition”. We are now presenting a new edition of this classic collection, which draws upon all known sources.
G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. The Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of the Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Musicians trust Henle's blue Urtext editions because they:
- provide an undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically appealing music engraving
- are optimized for practical use (page turns, fingerings)
- are of high quality and durable (cover, paper, binding)
- contain a short preface that introduces the work (particularly useful for AMEB exams) in German, English and French, as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- contain a description of the sources, an evaluation of the sources, readings and a documentation of the corrections made (= "Critical Report") in German and English, and often also in French