Dussek: Six Sonatinas, Op.199781854722447
The ABRSM 'Easier Piano Pieces' series features pieces chosen for their comparative lack of technical difficulty, therefore providing an excellent introduction to the music of great composers throughout history.
Jan Ladislav Dussek (1760-1812), praised by Haydn for his ‘remarkable talents’, wrote this collection of melodic and inventive sonatinas while living in London and after fleeing from the French Revolution in Paris. The pieces, originally published as works for the fortepiano or harpsichord and flute, serve as model instructional pieces in the classical form.
- Sonatina in A, Op. 19 No. 4
- Sonatina in C, Op. 19 No. 2
- Sonatina in C, Op. 19 No. 5
- Sonatina in Eb, Op. 19 No. 6
- Sonatina in F, Op. 19 No. 3
- Sonatina in G, Op. 19 No. 1