Already our first volume of original piano works by Mozart’s youngest son made the music world take notice. The second volume now completes the collection of works by this composer who is often underestimated. At the time, Franz Xaver Mozart was described as follows: "His playing is clear, precise, expressive and full of intellect and emotion". Unlike masters of the keyboard such as Moscheles or Hummel he was not primarily a virtuoso, which is why his works are also attractive for amateurs. Alongside numerous individual works this volume also contains several cadenzas for piano concertos by his famous father, which we are able to publish for the first time thanks to the autographs.
G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. The Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of the Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Musicians trust Henle's blue Urtext editions because they:
- provide an undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically appealing music engraving
- are optimised for practical use (page turns, fingerings)
- are of high quality and durable (cover, paper, binding)
- contain a short preface that introduces the work (particularly useful for AMEB exams) in German, English and French, as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- contain a description of the sources, an evaluation of the sources, readings and a documentation of the corrections made (= "Critical Report") in German and English, and often also in French