Mozart: Divertimenti for 2 Oboes, 2 Horns & 2 Bassoons - Score & PartsHN1191
🚚 Fast, free shipping on orders over $99*
↩️ 30-day easy returns.
👋 Play today! Call a local store to check stock.
Mozart wrote the five Divertimenti for Wind Sextet between the years 1775 and 1777 when he was living in Salzburg. The Italian title is reminiscent of simple “light” music, but the pieces’ melodic ingenuity and colourful writing for winds show it to be chamber music of the highest quality. Our edition is based on the autograph and brings together all five authentic sextets in one practical edition. An ensemble with the standard instrumentation (two oboes, two horns and two bassoons) will discover a true musical treasure. The two horn parts are provided both in the original transpositions (F/Bb/Eb) and also for horn in F.G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. The Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of the Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Musicians trust Henle's blue Urtext editions because they:
- provide an undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically appealing music engraving
- are optimized for practical use (page turns, fingerings)
- are of high quality and durable (cover, paper, binding)
- contain a short preface that introduces the work (particulalry useful for AMEB exams) in German, English and French, as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- contain a description of the sources, an evaluation of the sources, readings and a documentation of the corrections made (= "Critical Report") in German and English, and often also in French