Blue skies ahead for all music dealers and pianists: this new publication from the House of Henle follows up the huge success of its Jubilee Piano Album. For a highly affordable retail price this cross-section from Henle's full urtext catalogue for piano two-hands contains no fewer than 39 complete and self-contained pieces (including such famous and frequently heard items as Chopin's b-minor Prelude), all in Henle's celebrated top-quality urtext. Extra bonuses include indications of the level of difficulty, a preface, and concise introductions to each composer and piece in four world languages: German, English, French and Japanese.
G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. The Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of the Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Musicians trust Henle's blue Urtext editions because they:
- provide an undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically appealing music engraving
- are optimised for practical use (page turns, fingerings)
- are of high quality and durable (cover, paper, binding)
- contain a short preface that introduces the work (particularly useful for AMEB exams) in German, English and French, as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- contain a description of the sources, an evaluation of the sources, readings and a documentation of the corrections made (= "Critical Report") in German and English, and often also in French