Pleyel: Six Little Duets Op 8 for Two ViolinsHN1378
🚚 Fast, free shipping on orders over $99*
↩️ 30-day easy returns.
👋 Play today! Call a local store to check stock.
During his lifetime, composer, piano manufacturer, and publisher Ignaz Pleyel bestowed upon the world of music an almost unimaginable number of published compositions, some of them in multiple arrangements, too. Of those, what has remained in the repertoire today are primarily works for small chamber ensembles. Several violin duos, for instance, have maintained their place among enthusiasts and students, among them in particular the “Little Duos in Increasing Difficulty,” which appeared in print in 1806 “at the urging of several teachers” (according to the title page!). Now for the first time, G. Henle Publishers presents these light performance pieces in an Urtext edition – both in full score and as two individual parts to optimise use for any occasion.
G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. The Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of the Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Musicians trust Henle's blue Urtext editions because they:
- provide an undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically appealing music engraving
- are optimized for practical use (page turns, fingerings)
- are of high quality and durable (cover, paper, binding)
- contain a short preface that introduces the work (particularly useful for AMEB exams) in German, English and French, as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- contain a description of the sources, an evaluation of the sources, readings and a documentation of the corrections made (= "Critical Report") in German and English, and often also in French