Scarlatti: Nine Sonatas9781854723499
The ABRSM 'Easier Piano Pieces' series features pieces chosen for their comparative lack of technical difficulty, therefore providing an excellent introduction to the music of great composers throughout history.
From Domenico Scarlatti's vast output of 555 harpsichord sonatas, a number have been edited and published by the ABRSM. Thirty-two of the easier sonatas have been edited by Howard Ferguson and published in three volumes within the Easier Piano Pieces series; these have been edited for performance on the piano and include dynamics and marks of articulation.
- Sonata in B minor, Kp. 87, L. 33
- Sonata in C, Kp. 86, L. 403
- Sonata in C, Kp. 159, L. 104
- Sonata in E minor, Kp. 402, L. 427
- Sonata in E, Kp. 531, L. 430
- Sonata in F minor, Kp. 462, L. 438
- Sonata in F sharp minor, Kp. 142
- Sonata in F sharp, Kp. 318, L. 31
- Sonata in G, Kp. 103, L. 233